Thursday, June 11, 2009

Paperback Launch

June 11, 2009

Thank you Norwich Bookstore and Nancy Crumbine (Dartmouth professor extraordinaire) for a GREAT launch for the paperback edition of THE GIRL I LEFT BEHIND. It was wonderful to see a standing room-only crowd on June 10th. Book store owner Penny McConnell sent me a note saying that the store sold out of books. Most of all I was struck by the quality and thoughtfulness and intelligence of questions that people asked – about America’s political culture, about where we are in history, about how and why the spirit of activism died out. And most of all about grass roots politics. The bigger story is how the 60s shaped us all.

It was a wonderful crowd and an auspicious beginning for the paperback life of the book. I brought my camera but forgot to take pictures so you will have to take my word for it. If you find yourself in Norwich Vermont (a beautiful town, just across the Connecticut River from Hanover NH) be sure to visit the Norwich Bookstore (291 Main Street, Norwich) and say hello to Penny McConnell, the owner.

No comments: